Historic Images of Watertown

The Heminway and Sons Silk Factory at the corner of Echo Lake Road and Porter Street, circa 1880. The old wooden bridge over Steele Brook is seen on the left.

Circa 1900 picture postcard of two trolleys traveling on Main Street in Oakville. This photo was taken looking north. The Pin Shop Pond and the old Union Congregational Church, now the site of Sal’s Barber Shop and Oakville Pizza, are seen on the left.

The Watertown Fire Department circa 1930 photograph shows us where they started out. This building, located at 24 DeForest Street, was constructed in 1846 and first served as Amos Gridley’s store.

Circa 1900 panoramic view, looking east, at the intersection of North Street, DeForest Street, and The Green.

The Original Taft School building, known as the Warren House, first built as a Civil War-era hotel. The school moved to the building in 1893.

Sullivan’s Pharmacy on Main Street at the corner of Echo Lake Road

Congregational Church

Country Club

Watertown Dry Goods on Main Street

Map of Scovill’s Farm

Map of Watertown, CT

Dr. Jackson’s Sanitarium

Sullivan’s Pharmacy on Main Street

Culter Street and the Methodist Church

View from Hillcrest Avenue

Merriam Street

East Side from Main Street